Monday, June 17, 2013

Protector

Me, I'm a protector. It doesn't matter what you say to or about me; I will move on. Sure, I hurt like anyone else, but I'm quick to forgive - especially if there are cookies and/or chocolate involved. :-) However, when it comes to my family and my friends I'm a little less forgiving. I wish I could take all their pain away. I wish I could be somebody who's depended on, who can make things better just by being there. Even if it's not me, I just don't want them to hurt anymore. I guess that's where this next poem comes from.

Protector

If I could, I would wrap you
In a blanket soft and warm
I would hide you from the monsters
And all those memories which do you harm

If I could, I'd protect you
I would stand up in your place
I'd do battle with the demons
To keep the smile on your face

If I could, I would hold you
In my arms and hug you tight
We'd sink into the depths together
Emerge in a world full of sunlight

No comments:

Post a Comment