Friday, April 5, 2013

So who's BYU playing again?

I went to it. The big one. The one everyone was so excited about. That's right folks, I saw BYU play in Madison Square Garden! Everyone in my office was excited. Every LDS member in New York was planning on going and bought their tickets early in the morning before any other time zone thought about waking up.

And I, of course, had no idea what the big deal was. My sister called me and said, "BYU is going to the semi-finals! We're buying tickets. Do you want one?" And I replied, "wait, which sport are we talking about?"

My fellow office mates were astounded (and I don't use that word lightly) to find that I didn't much care about the game. Especially Sister Jones, who could tell you the stats of every BYU player known to man. "Well dear," she said, "try to look like you're having fun at the game. You don't want to disappoint your family."

Unfortunately, my family already knows. My dad pinpointed me exactly. He called me the day of the big game to chat (about the game, of course). "So what time is the game, Chelsea?"

"I don't know. I'll have to ask Torie."

"Where are your seats?"

"Somewhere in the stadium. I don't think they're nosebleeds, but I'm not sure."

"Do you even know who's playing?"

"BYU?"

"I didn't think so."

Hey, at least I'm trying. I even had my sister teach me some basketball terms. I can now add "free throw", "foul shot" and "Brandon Davies" to my vocabulary. Maybe next year I'll attempt to understand what the heck all the fouls are about.

No comments:

Post a Comment